[Vision2020] Confederate flag illegal?

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Tue Nov 22 23:22:34 PST 2005

Pat,
Of  course it is not illegal to display the confederate flag. But
doesn't bother you just a little bit that Christ Church, Logos, and New
St Andrews officially associate with people who associate with the
League of the South, a probable hate group? Doesn't it bother you just a
bit that Christ Church, Logos, and New St. Andrews get property tax
exemptions even while glorifying to our impressionable youth a symbol
now closely associated with a  probable hate group? Doesn't it bother
you even a bit that while misleading our impressionable youth, they
bold-face lie about it in the local newspaper? Don't you think it is
time for good people to say enough is enough, we won't let you lie,
manipulate, and mislead without at least noting it and making comments?
Do you really think that those who proclaim to be Christian in the
loudest, most disdainful voice are the more respectable and more chosen
followers of Christ? I suspect the reverse is true. What do you think?

Please don't take this personally. It is not directed at you, but it is
directed at all those who give free passes to anyone proclaiming to be
Christian even while the proclaimer is betrayed by the facts. It is
directed toward those who refuse take the trouble to look for and to see
the the preponderance of the truth, locally and for that matter,
nationally. For it is true that the controversies in Moscow are only a
microcosm example of our national illness. It is time to awake.

Jim Meyer