[Vision2020] RE: Induction, Bridgid, HTML, Aaaargh!

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:29:46 PST 2005

On 11/12/05, Janesta Carcich <janestacarcich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Vision2020 doesn't have another "channel".

I was suggesting that the reader merely cease reading the messages
which don't interest them, as the authors/subjects are usually
obvious.

> In my opinion, the polite thing to do, when two people
> are in a long, protracted conversation, would be to
> ask if anyone else would like to join you and take it
> private. (is that sentance waaaaayyy tooo long, or
> what??? *soft chuckle*)

I am not disagreeing with you, but how do we know which conversations
are of interest, and which aren't?  I know that there are quite a few
Vision2020 subscribers who find the dialogue in dispute to be
interesting, but who are also generally lurkers.  Shouldn't the
lurkers be able to enjoy dialogues which those who find them boring
can simply delete?  Politeness works both ways, and I find it impolite
for others to try to impose their likes or dislikes (censorship,
anyone?) when the answer is so trivial (pressing the delete key).

I don't mean to be contentious, but I feel that public forums should
be as unconstrained as possible.