[Vision2020] Re: Schizophrenic

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 5 06:08:02 PDT 2005

Wayne -

Having "experienced" Phil Roderick on this listserve (as many of us have had
the misfortune), and realizing that his likely response will be less
comprehensive than the Jumble Word game in the Spokesman-Review, I have
applied what I consider would be his responses to your listed procedure.

"1.    Go to the Latah County Assessor's Office in the Latah County
Courthouse (see MapQuest, if you are not sure where it is located)."

Hey, I payed thousands of dollars in taxes.  Why should I go to them.  Why
don't they come to me?

"2.    Ask the nice person(s) behind the counter to see the valuations for
the properties on the east side of Jefferson between 3rd and 5th streets."

How am I to assume, like you have, that the person behind the counter is
nice?  How do I know that the valuations that the supposed nice person gives
me are accurate and not just some numbers baked up by some liberal left wing
wacko?

"3.    Write them down."

On what, Wayne?  Will that supposed nice person behind the counter provide
me paper or will I have to pay for it myself, another financial drain on the
tax-paying public?

"4.    Add them up, getting Total A."

Add them up??  Is there more than one property?  Will I be forced to buy
more paper to write down these valuations that the supposed nice person
behind the counter gives me?

"5.    Ask a realtor whose is familiar with commercial property in Moscow
how much they think the properties are undervalued [Total B] in the
assessor's valuations."

Which realtor, Wayne?  And how do I know that the realtor that you recommend
is not in cahoots with that liberal left wing wacko that came up with the
original valuations back in Step #2?

"6.    Adjust Total A giving Total B."

So, now you want me to "fudge" the liberal left wing wacko's numbers using
the numbers of some realtor that you recommend?

"7.    Report Totals A & B to V 2020."

In what format, Wayne?

"8.    Consider those 15 -30 minutes well spent in informing yourself and
the community."

Fifteen to thirty minutes??  Heck it'll take me longer than that just to get
dressed, now that somebody has erased the L's and R's from my shoes.

Take care, Moscow (and good luck, Phil).

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
-Robin Williams