Error:Re: [Vision2020] US Supreme Court:Juvenile Death Penalty Unconstitutional

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 14:11:56 PST 2005

All:

Sorry for the multiple posts on one subject, but I made an error regarding
the US Supreme Court decision on the execution of minors.

The US Supreme Court ruled it is unconstitutional to execute those who
committed capital crimes as minors, not just the execution of minors.  Many of the
death row inmates who committed crimes as minors are not juveniles now, but
this US Supreme Court decision applies to them as well, if I understand it
correctly.

It is the age when the capitol crime was committed that is critical, not the
current age of an offender who was jailed for a crime committed some time ago.

Ted Moffett