[Vision2020] Which is NSA: A taxable business or a tax exempteducational institution?

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 26 10:03:06 PDT 2005

I think Donovan is confusing issues here.

Rose Huskey & I challenged NSA's *property tax* exemption, which is
completely unrelated to Moscow's zoning requirements.  Our position was --
and remains -- that NSA doesn't meet the statutory requirements of Idaho
Code § 63.602E.
http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=630060002E.K

If I understand correctly, Moscow City Zoning Code prohibits ***educational
institutions,*** which the legal eagles think is the definition that best
fits NSA, from being located in the CBD.  Neither property tax status
specifically nor tax exempt status in general have anything at all to do
with the City's definition of an educational institution:
"47. Institution, Educational. A college or university supported by public
or private funds, tuitions, contributions or endowments, giving advanced
academic instructions as approved by the State Board of Education or by a
recognized accrediting agency, excluding preschool, elementary and junior or
senior high schools, and trade and commercial schools; including fraternity
and sorority houses."
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE04/chapter11.pdf

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****