[Vision2020] Bush Defends Plan to Keep Right On Polluting

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 15 11:40:33 PDT 2005

>From today's (June 15, 2005) The Skew (www.theskew.com) -

Bush Defends Plan to Keep Right On Polluting

Monroe, MI - President Bush defended his proposal to mollify industrial
pollution standards for aging, soot-spewing, decrepit power plants as
supposedly, when dirty air is flowing, it actually keeps electricity
running, and that is what will in fact keep all his fellow Americans
working. Besides, we wouldn't want to have one of them there blackouts agin.
This latest loose interpretation of environmental policy makes us realize
that the new rules were just plain creating unreasonable hurdles for the
thousands upon thousands of mills, refineries, chemical and paper plants to
adjust to these stringent standards. In order to install costly new
anti-pollution controls, it's possible additional Americans might need to be
laid off due to industry budget cuts, and thus it might very likely hasten
the most current re-election strategy. "I'm interested in job creation and
clean air, and let's clear the air about all of that, but not at the expense
of any more of our jobs. We can do both, but not simultaneously, and
definitely not at the expense of having air or clean jobs. Or my job. Yes,
particularly mine, so damn it Karl, let's make sure this news feed reaches
the coal-fire exhaust breathing Pennsylvania voters too," Bush stated from
the Detroit Edison facility, which he was touring.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"