[Vision2020] Domestic Benefits?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 09:31:23 PDT 2005

Mr. Carscallen,

Most people that argue about giving benefits and
discrimination against gays argue because they do or
do not believe gays deserve equal protection.

You apparently are just incapable of understanding
what discrimination and equality means.

Your questions and comments clearly are testament to
that notion.

You spout, "Again, I'm asking, are we just wanting
something that says 'The City of Moscow is against
Discrimination against anyone for any reason'"

No, I am not Dan, that is not what I am asking for.

"or do you want the city to extend benefits?"

No Dan, I do not want extension of benefits.

"Will every employer in town be required to extend
benefits to all, even if they don't give said benefits
to their own employees?"

No Dan, they will not.

Dan, I do not want the bases for denying someone
benefits to be based on the sexual orientation of the
person applying for them. That is the case now.

You cannot currently give medical benefits to everyone
in your company except the Jews and Hispanics in your
company. You can not offer benefits to anyone, or you
can offer benefits to people based on time served, and
merit in the job, but you cannot deny or only give
benefits on the bases race, religion, gender, age, or
disability.

I am saying that the law should be amended so that
someone  cannot make sexual orientation a condition of
whether a benefit, right or protection is granted or
denied to someone employed in the city.

If a business or employee violates that law, they
should be subject to the punishments as codified for
their violation as any other city code violation.

If a company or the city gives benefits, rights and
protections to heterosexuals and their partners they
should give the same benefits, rights, and protections
to homosexuals and their partners. Same work, same
compensation. Sexual orientation should not be a
factor.

Donovan J Arnold