[Vision2020] Co-op pays taxes

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Jul 7 10:57:36 PDT 2005

P-
No. The Moscow Food Co-op is not tax exempt
While the Co-op is a not-for-profit store (no owner/shareholder dividends
are paid) so "profits" are put back into the store in new equipment or lower
prices, etc.  Thus the Co-op directly benefits its 3,500 members.
But the Co-op is not tax-exempt and has never applied for any IRS exempt
designation.
BL