[Vision2020] budget deficit graph

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 26 13:07:28 PST 2005

Thank you, Ms. Gray.

Do you realize that the current financial costs related to the Iraqi War
($320 billion) is more than half of the U.S. financial costs related to
World War 1 ($612 billion, adjusted for inflation) and more than half of the
U.S. financial costs related to the Vietnam War ($636 billion, adjusted for
inflation) which lasted over ten years?

It should also be noted that this is the first time in American history
where tax breaks were awarded during time of war.  It certainly doen't take
one of Dale "Doug's Boy" Courtney's graphs to realize who is footing the
bill for this war.

Footnote:  Today was the worst day in the course of the Iraqi War for
filling body bags.  Thirty-seven more were filled this morning.

And the beat goes on . . .

Tom Hansen

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.