[Vision2020] Re: rubbing their noses in it

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 12:11:51 PST 2005

JW et. al.

JW wrote:

"Of course, I realize that probably *no one* is interested in this or has
even read this far in my post, but I really get the heebie-jeebies when I
see that kind of discussion taking place, because a great deal of behavior
problems, and some outright inhumanness to animals, is a result of our lack
of understanding the natural behavior of animal and how they learn."

I read all of your post.  With great interest and relief.

Though I hope the comments by some on this list about how they treat animals
was meant primarily for humor and fun, and not in seriousness, many people
think it perfectly OK to abuse animals as described.  But not only are these
behaviors towards animals cruel, they often do not work as a training technique,
as you so expertly outlined.

Thanks.

Ted Moffett