Aeon Flux and King Kong (was: [Vision2020] Winter)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 15:01:20 PST 2005

On 15 Dec 2005, at 14:34, Chasuk wrote:

> On 12/15/05, Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor <editor at lataheagle.com>
> wrote:
>> A while back, I stated I love winter.
>
> Winter, to me, is like that Gogo Yubari (that attractive young
> assassin from Kill Bill: Vol. 1).  Wonderful to look at, but not much
> fun up close.
>
> :-P
>
> Great photo, by the way.

First, I second Chasuk's praise -- great photo, Kai.  The buddleia in
my front yard look just like that, but while they're very pretty in a
White Queen/Narnia kind of way, I'll be glad for them to be green once
again.  I'm a thin-blooded Southerner.  You can just call me Heat
Miser; I'm Ms. Green Christmas; I'm Ms. 101.

About Kill Bill -- I liked both Volumes One and Two, but to tell the
truth, I much preferred Jet Li's Hero.  Bearing that in mind, has
anyone seen Aeon Flux, starring Carl's future ex-wife, Charlize Theron,
or Peter Jackson's King Kong, starring Carl's future ex-mistress Naomi
Watts?  I hear the latter is brilliant, but . . . um . . . I really
want to see Charlize Theron in black leather, kicking butt.  (Yeah,
yeah, I know.  And I prefer Barbarella to Citizen Kane.  What can I
say?  My brow is so low, it's practically a goatee.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com