[Vision2020] Who is Joan Opyr????

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 5 21:29:31 PST 2005

On 5 Dec 2005, at 20:44, Gwen Collins wrote:

> I, too, am new to this forum, and don't plan to waste a lot of my time
> reading the everyday chitchat that goes on between those who obviously
> have too much time on their hands.  I did want to address, though, one
> of the many ramblings of Joan about recent posts to the board.  I can
> only vouch for one of the current posts, and that is Jackie Bolden.  I
> do know her, and can assure you she is a real person who was looking
> for community information.  I suspect that she is not interested in
> the meaningless ramblings and nastiness of the "regulars" here.
>
> Why would anyone think that this board was a place to write a daily
> book about what's going on in their life?  And for that matter, who
> cares?  If people want to write to their personal diary every day
> and/or boast about their ignorant intolerance of others in the
> community, start your own weblong, for heaven's sake.
>
> And what on earth is this paranoia about, Joan?  Sounds like you might
> need some professional help.

Dear Gwen,

If I were new to this forum, and if I found that I didn't like it, I
think I'd just get off.  Why stay and bitch about the "regulars?"
That's not the way to either 1) change the topics of conversation or 2)
win friends and influence people.  I'm not Dale Carnegie myself, but
then I neither need nor want to be your pal.  You seem kind of . . .
tense.

BTW, if you really want to know who I am, you can Google me, visit my
website, or have a gander at my work on New West, in Stonewall News, or
the Moscow Food Co-Op Newsletter.  Alternatively, you can visit Dale
Courtney's blog, http://right-mind.us, and have all of your worst
assumptions confirmed.  I am, apparently, a disingenuous, God-hating,
going-to-hell lesbian with no understanding of the global economy.  And
there I thought I was just your garden variety Jewish butch with a
penchant for Steve McQueen movies and Triumph Bonnevilles.  Go figure.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: If you and your acquaintance, Jackie Bolden, are genuinely
community-minded, then good for you.  We could use a few more
community-minded folk in Moscow.  I certainly don't wish you ill -- the
Monty Python men-in-dresses crack was meant as a joke.  On the other
hand, we on Vision 2020 have suffered quite a few "female
impersonators" on the list over the past few years.  Edna Wilmington
was just one of many.  So, I will admit that I am naturally suspicious
of people who leap on the list, attack the members, and then leap back
into the ether without so much as a self-introduction or a by your
leave.  Ever think of just saying, "Hello?"

PPS: I'll refrain from suggesting that you, too, could use some
professional help.  Sadly, the Wendy Ward Charm Schools are no longer
in business.