[Vision2020] Question for debate-"Why not open theUS-MexicanBoarder?"

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:50:38 PDT 2004

Mr. Hansen,

1) I never stated they we wouldn't check people's ID when they cross the
boarder. "Open Boarder" means that you can cross it when ever you want just
as long as you obey the law, just like the Canadian Boarder.

2) It would more obvious to people if someone was crossing the boarder
illegally if they could do so legally at certain check points. Only the
criminals and terrorists would be crossing in illegal places and those with
something to hide. When you force non-criminals to act the same ways a
terrorists and criminals you are not going to be able to distinguish between
the two.

3) We would know who enters the country instead of having 2-3 million people
every year that we don't know.

4) People are going to cross the boarder anyway, why not at least check and
see who they are and make the terrorists and criminals a little more obvious
to the boarder patrol.

Please provide a more reasonable argument for not allowing anyone to cross
the boarder

Donovan J Arnold