[Vision2020] Why Should You Vote?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 27 12:29:07 PDT 2004

Because you've been looking for a job for way too long.

Or your crappy job is not what you ever thought you would be doing.

Or you can barely pay rent 'cause you're paying off all of your student
loans.

So you are forced to borrow more money and charge more things to your credit
cards.

In fact, credit card debt has climbed 100% in the last decade for the 18-24
set.

Forget about health insurance. You haven't seen a doctor in ages because
that crappy job of yours wants to stick you with the tab, if they even offer
it.

You're not alone. Young people everywhere in this country are all wondering
the same thing: What is up with the job market??

The truth is:

The unemployment rate is twice as high for young people. Outsourcing is
hitting us especially hard.

But there is something we can do.

Together, we can make politicians pay attention to our needs. By voting.

So take 5 friends, and vote like you never voted before.

On November 2, you're the boss.

You have the power to say, "You're Hired."

On November 2nd, rock the vote.