[Vision2020] A thought

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 11:11:25 PDT 2004

Dear Coconspirators:

I have pondered for years this burning issue of critical importance for the
survival and well being of the human race: how do Carville and Matalin remain
married when they are so politically at odds?  I am assuming of course that
they are maintaining a real marriage of sorts, like actually being together a
lot, sharing a home, sleeping together, etc., instead of pretending to be married
so they both can lead their secret lives in the cross dressing bisexual
underground ... forget it!

Answer?  Money!  They both have plenty, continue to make plenty, and probably
laugh outrageously at the dinner table about what a good gig they both have
raking in the dough as advocates for political goals, maybe even laughing at us
asking about how they stay together as they rake it in!  Besides, like most
marriages, they must have something to argue about, and when they can focus all
their animosity on politics, maybe they don't worry so much about the little
stuff that married people waste their time arguing about: the devil is in the
details, as they say...

Is it OK to say "sleeping together?"  I mean, think of what sort of images
this might suggest in the impressionable minds of youth: horrible snoring, sleep
in the eyes, and morning wood!  Joan, using the word "sex" is really too
graphic for V2020.  We should use euphemisms like "sleeping together," though I
wonder if this is still too suggestive... A term like "morning wood," though, is
understood by nearly all teenaged boys, while sounding like a chore that must
be done in the winter to warm the house before breakfast.  I better quit now
before I really get into trouble here...

Ted Moffett