[Vision2020] It's time for Spring Housecleaning at UI

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:38:57 EDT

-------------------------------1084988337

Tom,
I agree entirely with your remarks.  Yes, the two big names are publicly
identified, and, as you suggest others involved have slunk away to foist
themselves on unsuspecting institutions.  I think there is considerable housecleaning
left to be done.  The suffering, financial loss, and public embarrassment
caused by the "second tier" criminals has not been addressed.  I do support and
hold the University in great respect.  But I think it is administratively
problematic that many of the Hoover hanger-ons are still drawing their big fat
salaries while the vast majority of UI employees (who have performed in spectacular
fashion under very difficult circumstances) are forced to report to the
scoundrels who helped create many of the problems in the first place.  This was and
still is a YIKES situation.  It does provide me a measure of comfort however,
to know that while the big boys and girls who were such Wallace-Hoover
comrades-in-crime (and are still warming their expensive executive chairs with their
sagging old asses), know that most of us know who they are, and in large part
what they did.  And it makes me proud to know that the University is carrying
on in spite of them and, on the whole, doing a darned good job.
Rose
Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

-------------------------------1084988337

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2737.800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Tom,</DIV>
<DIV>I&nbsp;agree entirely with your remarks.&nbsp; Yes, the two big names a=
re publicly identified, and, as you suggest others involved have slunk away=20=
to foist themselves on&nbsp;unsuspecting institutions.&nbsp; I think there i=
s considerable housecleaning left to be done.&nbsp; The suffering, financial=
 loss,&nbsp;and public embarrassment caused by the "second tier" criminals h=
as not been addressed.&nbsp; I do support and hold the University in great r=
espect.&nbsp; But I think it is administratively problematic that many of th=
e Hoover hanger-ons are still drawing their big fat salaries while the vast=20=
majority of UI employees (who have performed in spectacular fashion under ve=
ry difficult circumstances) are forced to report to the scoundrels who helpe=
d create many of the problems in the first place.&nbsp; This was and still i=
s a YIKES situation.&nbsp; It does provide me a measure of comfort however,=20=
to know that while the big boys and girls who were such Wallace-Hoover&nbsp;=
comrades-in-crime (and&nbsp;are still warming their&nbsp;expensive executive=
 chairs with their sagging old asses),&nbsp;know that most of us know who th=
ey are, and in large part what they did.&nbsp; And it makes me proud to know=
 that the University is carrying on in spite of them and, on the whole, doin=
g a darned good job.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Rose</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZ=
E=3D"12">Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.</FONT></DIV></BODY=