[Vision2020] Story from SpokesmanReview.com

Pro-Troops and Anti-War thansen@moscow.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 20:57:21 GMT

The problem in Iraq is the same problem experienced in Vietnam.  NO CLEARLY
DEFINED OBJECTIVE.

Yet Mr. Bush proudly declares "Stay the Course".  Where does this course lead?
To a safer Mideast for the Saudi royal family?  Preservation of a major oil
source?  Where does this course take us, Mr. Bush?

Yet there is mounting evidence (daily) of ethnic cleansing in Africa.  No oil.
No royal family.  Just citizens dying (by the thousands) for no reason.

And the beat goes on.

Tom Hansen

> James Lileks markets himself as "a funny conservative."  Whether that
mea> ns "funny ha-ha" or "funny strange" depends entirely on your political
ou> tlook: are you Archie Bunker or are you Meathead?  You have to pick
becau> se, in Mr. Lileks' world, there is no Edith.  There is no pragmatic,
sens> ible, middle ground.  Regarding the column Pat recommended and Dan
kindly>  forwarded, anyone with two thoughts to rub together knows there is
nothi> ng contradictory about honoring a soldier's service while opposing the
wa> r he was sent to fight.  You can walk and chew gum at the same time,
can'> t you?  Then surely you can recognize that soldiers don't pick their
wars> ; politicians do that for them.

> Now, if you want to read the work of a truly funny conservative, as in
we> t-your-pants-laughing, try Florence King, author of Southern Ladies and
G> entlemen, Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady, and With Charity Toward
> None, among others.  I never agree with King's conclusions, but her
analy> ses are brilliant.  She is a sarcastic, witty, effective scourge of me
an> d my kind, i.e., liberals.  She enlivens the debate and she keeps us on
o> ur toes, unlike Mr. Lileks.  Dispatching him is like shooting fish in a
b> arrel.

> Not that I mind shooting fish in a barrel.  As Mr. Bush, Mr. Cheney and
M> r. Rumsfeld dig themselves deeper and deeper into what Jon Stewart calls
> this "Mess-o-Potamia," it's sushi all around for the I-told-you-so's.
Jo> ining the "Oops Brigade" this week were such one-time vociferous war
supp> orters as Thomas Friedman, George Will, David Brooks, and Andrew
Sullivan>

> The plot thickens.
>
> Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

Rush>  "It
> was just a fraternity prank" Limbaugh look liberal.
>
> Wake up, ok?
>
> Tom
> Hansen

>            http://www.fsr.net/

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
>                http://www.fsr.net
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ> ŻŻŻGet more from the
Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://expl> orer.msn.com

           http://www.fsr.net/