[Vision2020] Fund Raiser for Glenn Grishkoff

Nick Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Wed, 05 May 2004 09:54:20 -0700

Greetings:

Sorry for two posts in one day, but I have not posted in a long time.

This Friday, May 7 at the University Inn there will be a fund raiser for
art professor Glenn Grishkoff.  Social hour begins at 5 and the art auction
begins at 6.  For those you cannot attend, you can still contribute to
Glenn's legal defense at the Latah Federal Credit Union.  Just say that you
want to write a check for the Grishkoff Defense Fund.

Glenn's attorney will be filing a suit against the University very
soon.  Of all the faculty grievances that I've handled in 30 years, I've
never tried so hard to avoid a suit.  All Glenn wants is his job back, but
now it looks like we will get some justice for him instead.

At the Feb. 19 faculty meeting I did everything except crawl on my knees to
get Pres. Michael to save the UI and the union a lot of money and to save
all of us, especially Glenn, the additional pain and emotional stress of
his totally unfair dismissal.  Instead, according to one faculty member,
Michael managed to drill a hole in his watch with his intense downward gaze!

Thanks in advance for you support for this fabulous artist.

Nick Gier