[Vision2020] Idaho legislature movie

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:21:14 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C40E54.4F96C860

Brother Carl gives us the bad news:

>This morning's Lewiston Tribune has an article about Frederick Wiseman, =20
>arguably the best documentary film maker around, and the cinema verite s=
tyle =20
>movie he's been making in Boise filming the Idaho legislature in action.=
  =20
>This is scary.  Frederick Wiseman.  A documentary for the world to see =20
>featuring the Idaho state legislature.  This could be the funniest, yet =
most =20
>tragic movie ever made.  Evidently, it will be on PBS.  Be afraid, be ve=
ry =20
>afraid.

What, was the Texas Legislature on vacation?  Was nothing tragi-comic hap=
pening in Alabama or Georgia?  The commissioners of Rhea County, Tennesse=
e (founded, Rose and I believe, by the sisters Gonna and Diar) voted unan=
imously last week to ask the state legislature to enact a law that would =
enable them to ban gay people.  Because, clearly, it was just a matter of=
 time before the switch-hitters among us began flocking to Rhea County to=
 work at the Lay-Z-Boy factory.  Try and stop me; just try.

So, about a cinema verite of the Idaho Leg -- it could be much, much wors=
e.  It could be that we didn't have great folks representing Moscow like =
Shirley Ringo and Tom Trail, who go some way towards balancing out the wi=
ng-nuts of the south.  It could also be that Errol Morris was making the =
film rather than Frederick Wiseman.  Picture "The Fog of Boise" featuring=
 Laird Noh.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer=
 download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C40E54.4F96C860

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>Brother Carl gives us the bad news:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;=
This morning's Lewiston Tribune has an article about Frederick Wiseman, <=
BR>&gt;arguably the best documentary film maker around, and the cinema ve=
rite style <BR>&gt;movie he's been making in Boise filming the Idaho legi=
slature in action.&nbsp; <BR>&gt;This is scary.&nbsp; Frederick Wiseman.&=
nbsp; A documentary for the world to see <BR>&gt;featuring the Idaho stat=
e legislature.&nbsp; This could be the funniest, yet most <BR>&gt;tragic =
movie ever made.&nbsp; Evidently, it will be on PBS.&nbsp; Be afraid, be =
very <BR>&gt;afraid.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>What, was the Texas Leg=
islature on vacation?&nbsp; Was nothing tragi-comic happening in Alabama =
or Georgia?&nbsp; The commissioners of Rhea County, Tennessee (founded, R=
ose and I&nbsp;believe, by the sisters Gonna and Diar) voted unanimously =
last week to ask the state legislature to enact a law that would enable t=
hem to ban gay people.&nbsp; Because, clearly, it&nbsp;was&nbsp;just a ma=
tter of time before&nbsp;the switch-hitters among us began&nbsp;flocking =
to Rhea County to work at the Lay-Z-Boy factory.&nbsp; Try and stop me; j=
ust try.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>So, about a cinema verite of the&nb=
sp;Idaho Leg -- it could be much, much worse.&nbsp; It could be that we d=
idn't have great folks representing Moscow like Shirley Ringo and&nbsp;To=
m&nbsp;Trail, who go some way towards balancing out the wing-nuts of the =
south.&nbsp; It could also be that Errol Morris was making the film rathe=
r than Frederick&nbsp;Wiseman.&nbsp; Picture "The Fog of Boise" featuring=
 Laird Noh.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment&n=
bsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE=
 MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explo=

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C40E54.4F96C860--