[Vision2020] property tax hike?

Don Coombs mushroom@moscow.com
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:04:37 -0700

I thought the letter sent with the assessed value notice did a good job
of pointing out that 1) assessed values had to be increased to meet
state requirements, and 2) that did not mean that individuals' taxes
would increase by that same amount, or perhaps at all.

The amount of funding going to the different county and city and
cemetery (!) etc. categories is added together to determine the total
needed, and then the assessed value comes into play in determining how
much each individual needs to pay.

I think I get my money's worth from state and county taxes. I have had
no child in public school for more than 25 years and I think I still get
my money's worth.

Where I don't get my money's worth is from what is euphemistically
called National Defense, but which recently has developed into bullying
other countries and other peoples.

Don Coombs