[Vision2020] Wonderland

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 13 13:37:16 PDT 2004

Not that Rose Huskey needs me to explain *anything* she shares, but lest some
uncharitable folks think that either of us have been pushed 'round the bend by
our recent struggle with . . . well, you know, I thought I'd offer the
explanation that the Lewis Carroll reference might be in response to something
Rose might have received privately.

It seems that Doug Wilson found it necessary to comment on the recent property
tax challenge in his blog:
"Support the Gideons
Topic: General Ruminations
As the previous post put it, I was out of town for a bit. While there, I
discovered through various communications back to Moscow, that, contrary to all
my naive assumptions, Lewis Carroll is not dead. But I just got in last night,
and wanted to refrain from commenting on anything until I saw the extent of the
rascaltudinousness. The only comment I would make for the time being is that
now, more than ever, we need to support the work of the Gideons. It is quite
clear to me that a number of Christian people do not yet have a copy of the
Bible, and our hearts should go out to them.
Posted by Douglas Wilson - 7/13/2004 8:23:56 AM"

And, yes, Ms. Rose, the lyrics resonate with me  :-)

And, if I might be permitted to add my thanks to the BOE, Mr. Whitney, Mr.
Fiscus, Mr. Curley, and our wonderful community for their patience and support
(as applicable) during our recent inquiry into the property tax exemptions for
Anselm House (the office building owned by Christ Church) and New St. Andrews
College.  While I certainly don't always agree with the decisions  ;-), I am
impressed with the level of responsiveness of our county government, and even
more so that things went as smoothly as they did given this was the first time
such a challenge had been raised in Latah County.  Kudos to those folks for
their hard work, patience, and dedication to getting this right!

And, the support of the community has been humbling beyond words.  The fairness
& equity issues were, of course, key to Rose and I, but I certainly don't know
that we ever expected so many of our fellow community members to see it that way
:-)  The outpouring of support from so many members of the community has been
icing on the cake.

And, I don't want to bore y'all too much, but I also want to extend my sincere
gratitude to Rose for being willing to stick her neck out there, but also to her
family who likely thought I'd become a permanent fixture  :-)

And, to my husband and daughter for their *unbelievable* patience and tolerance
during my preoccupation  :-)))  The house is a wreck, but that's OK -- I can get
that taken care of and it's a very small price to pay for their unwavering
patience with and support for yet another of my projects  ;-)

Thank You,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.