[Vision2020] What if..

Mike Curley curley@turbonet.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:36:49 -0800

Carl and Ben and other Visionaries:
I don't think we have to be quite so hypothetical.  What I see in Moscow is that when
one of us strands a car in a snowbank or ditch, we don't ask for religious or
philosophical identification papers or for a clarification of sexual preferences.  We stop
and attend to the problem.  It appears that fundamentally we care about the health,
welfare, and safety of one another.  I don't think that has a lot to do with how
passionate we are about our various religious and philosophical beliefs or our sexual
preferences, but it does provide a little balance to our perspective.  Perhaps we'd to
well to remember a phrase from a negotion theory:  be hard on the problem, but easy
on the people.
Maybe, then, more snow and slippery roads are good things?  No, actually, more snow,
but with dry roads would be just fine with me.  I wish all of you the best at avoiding
drifts and ditches--but I will stop if you've had some bad luck just as you have for me.
Mike Curley