[Vision2020] Re: Edna Wilmington is Doug Wilson

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:59:26 -0800

Dear Visionistas:

Nancy assures me that, having seen the Elvistential proof of Edna's
existence, she has no need to take her investigations further.  She also
doesn't have time.  She and her special friend, George, are far too busy
exploring some recently revealed common interests -- ladies' softball, the
poetry of Gertrude Stein, sensible shoes.  (Sorry, Joe Hardy.)  If these
pleasant explorations should, by any chance, reduce their respective life
spans, well, as George says, "Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking
corpse."

For those of you still interested in whether or not Edna Wilmington is a
manifestation of Doug Wilson, I'd suggest that you don’t really need a
sleuth.  You need a shrink.  Is Doug's ego large enough to require more than
one body to house it?  Does he need two chairs for his id?  Perhaps the City
of Moscow should contract with Halliburton to build him a personality condo.
  If we could make it a secure facility, I'd consider my tax dollars well
spent.

Joan Opyr

PS: My own alter ego, Auntie Establishment, resides in a small, tidy garret
in my brain, where, like Madame DeFarge, she knits all day and listens for
the whoosh of the guillotine.  Auntie, of course, doesn't pay taxes.  She's
the illegitimate daughter of Grover Norquist and the Duke of Kent.

PS #2: Sorry, Aunt Jane, but they were out of mayonaise.  Don't you think
that mustard would go better with Edna's complete and utter ham?