[Vision2020] Apples and Oranges

Sara Anderson ande1022@uidaho.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:13:30 -0800

1) Washing a car while topless in a little town in Idaho is an act that cannot be separated from sexuality.

2) Rape is an act that cannoy be separated from sexuality.

3) Apples do not equal oranges.

4) Apples are fruit, and oranges are also fruit.

5) Apples and oranges have characteristics in common, though they are not the same.

6) Integrate

7) As the rate of toplessness increases, apple pie is more abundant.

As you can see from the above proof, the anti-nudity law did us all harm in decreasing the amounts of apple pie in the local commmunity.  No.  What I'm trying to point out is that permitting nudity has nothing to do with permitting (encouraging) rape.  Not only is that an awful spin on the "She was asking for it, and men have Urges," foolishness, but it doesn't make sense.  Analogies are useful rhetorical tools, if the two things being compared are analogous.  This appears to be implicit namecalling (You wouldn't mind topless chicks washing your car?!  You are encouraging rape!  Rapist!).

Your slippery slope is my (topless?) slip 'n' slide,
Sara Anderson