[Vision2020] Public Nudity and Other Abominations

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:38:06 EST

--part1_43.26b8f41f.2d372cde_boundary

Nick et. al.

We don't need to cross the pond to find public exposure of the human body
regarded with "yawns."

We only need to travel to Vancouver B. C. to find the innocence of Eden
enjoyed by all, women and men, Mom, Dad and the kids, grandma and grandpa.  On the
UBC (University of British Columbia) campus they have what is blandly termed
"Rec Beach" where total nudity is the norm, in the summer, of course.  Anyone
can sun themselves naked in the sand or swim or frolic on the shoreline.  And I
was not joking that this is a "family friendly" event.

This social nudity is conducted with far less harassment, far more civility
and respect for your neighbor, than you will find common at, for example,
football games, with drunks using the psychological climate of blood sport as an
excuse to release their frustrations, some of which no doubt are related to the
denial of the full and natural enjoyment of love and life which a prudish
hatred of the human body facilitates.  The nearly pornographic cheerleaders we
find at such events, flaunting their sexuality to taunt the aforementioned
drunks, is far more of an incitement to random lust, than the relaxed and placid
enjoyment of nudity at "Rec Beach."

In America there is sexual simulation nearly everywhere with advertising,
fashions, movies and celebrities loudly shouting "sexy," yet someone who merely
wants to enjoy the sun at the city park without creating tan lines is suddenly
the embodiment of some great social evil.  Yes, indeed, we have met the enemy
and they are us!  Our own bodies are evil!  No wonder the human race is at
each others throats with all this self loathing going around.

Ted

--part1_43.26b8f41f.2d372cde_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Nick et. al.
<BR>
<BR>We don't need to cross the pond to find public exposure of the human bod=
y regarded with "yawns."
<BR>
<BR>We only need to travel to Vancouver B. C. to find the innocence of Eden=20=
enjoyed by all, women and men, Mom, Dad and the kids, grandma and grandpa. &=
nbsp;On the UBC (University of British Columbia) campus they have what is bl=
andly termed "Rec Beach" where total nudity is the norm, in the summer, of c=
ourse. &nbsp;Anyone can sun themselves naked in the sand or swim or frolic o=
n the shoreline. &nbsp;And I was not joking that this is a "family friendly"=
 event.
<BR>
<BR>This social nudity is conducted with far less harassment, far more civil=
ity and respect for your neighbor, than you will find common at, for example=
, football games, with drunks using the psychological climate of blood sport=
 as an excuse to release their frustrations, some of which no doubt are rela=
ted to the denial of the full and natural enjoyment of love and life which a=
 prudish hatred of the human body facilitates. &nbsp;The nearly pornographic=
 cheerleaders we find at such events, flaunting their sexuality to taunt the=
 aforementioned drunks, is far more of an incitement to random lust, than th=
e relaxed and placid enjoyment of nudity at "Rec Beach."
<BR>
<BR>In America there is sexual simulation nearly everywhere with advertising=
, fashions, movies and celebrities loudly shouting "sexy," yet someone who m=
erely wants to enjoy the sun at the city park without creating tan lines is=20=
suddenly the embodiment of some great social evil. &nbsp;Yes, indeed, we hav=
e met the enemy and they are us! &nbsp;Our own bodies are evil! &nbsp;No won=
der the human race is at each others throats with all this self loathing goi=
ng around. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Ted</FONT></HTML>

--part1_43.26b8f41f.2d372cde_boundary--