[Vision2020] Public Defender Religious Issues

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 02:37:30 EST

--part1_77.1ff58878.2d2d113a_boundary

Debbie et. al.

Pity party for accused criminals?  Please explain what this has to do with a
religious zealot who may push their religious agenda in a professional
position paid with tax dollars?  The issue is not letting a religious agenda infect
the impartial and fair process of law (symbolized by the women with the scales
and blind fold, who our noble and enlightened highest law enforcement officer
in the US, US Attorney General John Ashcroft, felt compelled to cover with
expensive drapes, because she was posed topless, which compels me to link our
previous city council, who also thought the chest of a women do be such a social
offense it required sanctions, to the Confederate loving Ashcroft.)

In fact, the USA has on average the most punitive sentencing for criminals of
all western Democracies.  We have recently passed Russia for having the
highest rates of per capita incarceration of any nation on earth.  Such a large
percentage of black men are in prison in the US that it affects the political
makeup of the country, in favor of the Republican party, a fact that some think
is not wholly coincidental.

This is a "pity party?"

I think you are being misled by right wing propaganda that seeks to plant in
the minds of Americans the image of liberal judges, legislatures and lawyers
who feel nothing but ersatz sympathy for criminals who are after all only
victims of their terrible childhood, etc.

Ted

--part1_77.1ff58878.2d2d113a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Debbie et. al.
<BR>
<BR>Pity party for accused criminals? &nbsp;Please explain what this has to=20=
do with a religious zealot who may push their religious agenda in a professi=
onal position paid with tax dollars? &nbsp;The issue is not letting a religi=
ous agenda infect the impartial and fair process of law (symbolized by the w=
omen with the scales and blind fold, who our noble and enlightened highest l=
aw enforcement officer in the US, US Attorney General John Ashcroft, felt co=
mpelled to cover with expensive drapes, because she was posed topless, which=
 compels me to link our previous city council, who also thought the chest of=
 a women do be such a social offense it required sanctions, to the Confedera=
te loving Ashcroft.) &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>In fact, the USA has on average the most punitive sentencing for crimina=
ls of all western Democracies. &nbsp;We have recently passed Russia for havi=
ng the highest rates of per capita incarceration of any nation on earth. &nb=
sp;Such a large percentage of black men are in prison in the US that it affe=
cts the political makeup of the country, in favor of the Republican party, a=
 fact that some think is not wholly coincidental. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>This is a "pity party?"
<BR>
<BR>I think you are being misled by right wing propaganda that seeks to plan=
t in the minds of Americans the image of liberal judges, legislatures and la=
wyers who feel nothing but ersatz sympathy for criminals who are after all o=
nly victims of their terrible childhood, etc.
<BR>
<BR>Ted</FONT></HTML>

--part1_77.1ff58878.2d2d113a_boundary--