[Vision2020] Can Clinton Win?(Forgetting something)

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:18:59 -0800 (PST)

--0-442743385-1073258339=:48541

Joan,
    I agree that polls can swing rapidly and that any of the Democrat party possibles could win next November. 11 months is an eternity in politics as the old cliche' goes.

   There is a crucial differenc between 2004 and 1992 though.
   And it's one that must be considered in any comparison of the respective re-election campaigns of Bush the elder and W.
   That's our buddy Ross Perot.

    As you'll remember, Perot threw his Stetson into the ring on a deficit reduciton platform and received 19% of the vote his first time around in '92.

    The vast majority of Perot votes came from Republicans and Republican leaning moderates irritated by Bush-the-first's breaking of his famous no-new-taxes pledge.

    In other words they came directly out of Bush's hide in the General. This enabled Billy and Hilly to claim victory in that election with only 43% of the votes.

    There might be a strong third party/independent candidacy this year. But at this point the only one on the horizon is Ralph Nader possibly running as an independent. (He has already said another run as a Green isn't for him.)

    And of course if Ralph takes votes away from anyone, it willl be from Dr. Dean or whoever else eventually emerges from the current Democrat slugfest.

    Funny how so many people have forgotten about ole Ross. A lot of people really liked him there for a while. And none more than Billy C.

   After all, if no Perot--it's very likely there'd never have been any such thing as a President Clinton.
         TL

Joan Opyr <auntiestablishment@hotmail.com> wrote:
No, not Hillary. Bill. Below is a link to a little piece from 1992,
written prior to the election in which Bill Clinton, who was 20 points
behind the first George Bush in the June polls that year, went on to win in
November.

http://www.worldandi.com/public/1992/june/cr6.cfm

Just a little reminder that pundits know nothing. And a change of subject
from religion, theonomy, world domination, etc.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: Rose is *not* thinking that she'd like someone to explain to her why
homosexuality is immoral. She's thinking about how to get the car up our
half-mile unplowed driveway. So am I. Out of coffee. Out of toilet paper.
Out of cigarettes. You don't have to be a psychic to read our minds.

providers now. https://broadband.msn.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,
http://www.fsr.net
mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

--0-442743385-1073258339=:48541

<DIV>
<DIV>Joan, </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I agree that polls can swing rapidly and that any of the Democrat party possibles <EM>could </EM>win next November. 11 months is an eternity in politics as the old cliche' goes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; There is a crucial differenc between 2004 and 1992 though.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; &nbsp;And&nbsp;it's one&nbsp;that must&nbsp;be considered in any comparison&nbsp;of the respective&nbsp;re-election campaigns of Bush the elder and W.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;That's our buddy Ross Perot.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As you'll remember, Perot&nbsp;threw his&nbsp;Stetson into the ring&nbsp;on a deficit reduciton platform and received 19% of the vote his first time around in '92. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The vast majority of&nbsp;Perot votes came from Republicans and Republican leaning moderates&nbsp;irritated by Bush-the-first's breaking of his famous no-new-taxes pledge.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;In other words they came directly out of Bush's hide in the General. This enabled Billy and Hilly to&nbsp;claim victory in&nbsp;that election with only 43% of the votes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;There might be a strong third party/independent candidacy this year. But at this point the only one on the horizon is&nbsp;Ralph Nader&nbsp;possibly&nbsp;running as an independent. (He has already said another run as a Green isn't for him.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And of course&nbsp;if Ralph takes&nbsp;votes away from anyone, it willl be from Dr. Dean or whoever else eventually emerges from the current Democrat slugfest. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Funny how so many people have forgotten about ole Ross. A lot of&nbsp;people really liked him&nbsp;there for a while. And none more than Billy C. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; After all, if no Perot--it's very likely there'd never have been any such thing as a President Clinton.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;TL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR><BR><B><I>Joan Opyr &lt;auntiestablishment@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">No, not Hillary. Bill. Below is a link to a little piece from 1992, <BR>written prior to the election in which Bill Clinton, who was 20 points <BR>behind the first George Bush in the June polls that year, went on to win in <BR>November.<BR><BR>http://www.worldandi.com/public/1992/june/cr6.cfm<BR><BR>Just a little reminder that pundits know nothing. And a change of subject <BR>from religion, theonomy, world domination, etc.<BR><BR>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment<BR><BR>PS: Rose is *not* thinking that she'd like someone to explain to her why <BR>homosexuality is immoral. She's thinking about how to get the car up our <BR>half-mile unplowed driveway. So am I. Out of coffee. Out of toilet paper. <BR>Out of cigarettes. You don't have to be a psychic to read our minds.<BR><BR>_________________________________________________________________<BR>Tired of slow downloads? Compare online!
  deals
 from your local high-speed <BR>providers now. https://broadband.msn.com<BR><BR>_____________________________________________________<BR>List services made available by First Step Internet, <BR>serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. <BR>http://www.fsr.net <BR>mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com<BR>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
</a>
--0-442743385-1073258339=:48541--