[Vision2020] No State Scholarships to Gonzaga?

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:30:31 EST

-------------------------------1077856231

 Pat Kraut writes:
Well, its nice of Big Brother to make sure that the little people are all
>studying only the things they want them to know only in the places where
>they want them to study.
Exactly! I actually agree with you Pat. It is not promoting "A Religion" if
you allow all people access to all religions.

Next people will not be able to get scholarships to private religious
institutions. After all, if the Catholic Church makes money off of State Scholarships
to its' Colleges and Universities, then the State is giving money to a
church.

I also disagree with the concept of the State looking at what you wish to do
with your education and deciding what degree you can and cannot pursue.

I understand that pushing religion on people is wrong. But preventing poor
people from pursuing a career of their choice is just wrong.

The State should not force religion on people, and it should not prevent
people from practicing it to the degree that they wish to practice it. The State
should remain neutral on the issue of religion. The State is taking an active
role in eliminating religion from society, like China and North Korea, and
Stalin's Russia. This is as bad as forcing a religion on someone like France,
Britain, and Spain did in the past.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1077856231

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;Pat Kraut writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Well, its nice of Big Brother to make sure tha=
t the little people are all<BR>&gt;studying only the things they want them t=
o know only in the places where<BR>&gt;they want them to study.</FONT></BLOC=
KQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Exactly! I actually agree with you Pat. It is not promoting "A Religion=
" if you allow all&nbsp;people access to&nbsp;all religions. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Next people will not be able to get scholarships to private religious&n=
bsp;institutions. After all, if the Catholic Church makes money off of&nbsp;=
State Scholarships to its' Colleges and Universities, then the State is givi=
ng money to a church. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also disagree with the concept of the State looking at what you wish=20=
to do with your education and deciding what degree you can and cannot pursue=
. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I understand that pushing religion on people is wrong. But preventing p=
oor people from pursuing a career of their choice is just wrong. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The State should not force religion on people, and it should not preven=
t people from practicing it to the degree that they wish to practice it. The=
 State should remain neutral on the issue of religion. The State is taking a=
n active role in eliminating religion from society, like China and North Kor=
ea, and Stalin's Russia.&nbsp;This is as bad as forcing a religion on someon=
e like France, Britain, and Spain did in the past. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>