[Vision2020] Supreme court ruling

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:42:18 EST

-------------------------------1077752538

I am such a liberal, I actually oppose this ruling, as a liberal. Here is why.

It is not because I think that local tax payers should fund private religious
beliefs. It is because it is the state controlling what we as individuals
want to learn and study.

I fear the government saying, "You cannot learn about this", or "You can only
that which we approve of you to learn."

What if I want to go to school and learn about Christianity, Islam, Hinduism,
and Judaism and compare the four, write a book and earn a living that way?

What if because I never truly learn about Christ because I didn't get an
education and go to "Christ Church" instead and become a homophobic, sexist,
racist, anti-Semitic and self-righteous pig that preaches that Christ is also a
homophobic, sexist, racist, anti-Semitic, self-righteous pig that always votes
Republican?

Perhaps more people need a better understanding of religion, not a lack of
understanding. Since when has less education been better than no education?

The state is promoting ignorance and fear, over education and thinking for
oneself.
I cannot see how any true liberal can be in favor of blocking education.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1077752538

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I am such a liberal, I actually oppose this ruling, as a liberal. Here=20=
is why.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is not because I think that local tax payers should fund private rel=
igious beliefs. It is because it is the state controlling what we as individ=
uals want to learn and study.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I fear the government saying, "You cannot learn about this", or "You ca=
n only that which we approve of you to learn."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What if I want to go to school and learn about Christianity, Islam, Hin=
duism, and Judaism and compare the four, write a book and earn a living that=
 way?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What if because I never truly learn about Christ because I didn't get a=
n education and go to "Christ Church" instead and become a homophobic, sexis=
t, racist, anti-Semitic and self-righteous&nbsp;pig that preaches that Chris=
t is also a&nbsp;homophobic, sexist, racist, anti-Semitic, self-righteous pi=
g that always votes Republican?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Perhaps more people need a better understanding of religion, not a lack=
 of understanding. Since when has less education been better than no educati=
on?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The state is promoting ignorance and fear, over education and thinking=20=
for oneself. </DIV>
<DIV>I cannot see how any true liberal can be in favor of blocking education=
.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>