[Vision2020] Why not shut down the Library too then?

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:57:52 EST

-------------------------------1077659872

In a message dated 2/24/2004 12:16:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rforce@moscow.com writes:
The UI Press has never made a profit. They ran
up almost an $800,000 deficit by 2001.
Education always runs in the red. The Library costs us millions of dollars
every year, should we shut that down too? How much does the UI Science
Department costs us? Oh, better shut that down. Come to think about it, UI Costs the
taxpayer $100 million every. That is $1 billion since 1994! Boy, we better shut
the UI down so we can save some money.

The beautiful thing about education is that it pays back huge dividends in
the future so that children of today, may have a better tomorrow. Save the UI
printing press. It is a vital part of the UI experience. It should be downsized
and reorganized to be more efficient. But it should stay. This budget cut back
is only as temporary as the current President. Soon the budget will be back,
and we should have some remains of former programs for the students to enjoy
and expand their educational experience in the future.

Respectfully,

Donovan J Arnold
UI Alumni '03

-------------------------------1077659872

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 2/24/2004 12:16:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, rforce@=
moscow.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>The UI Press has never made a profit. They ran=
<BR>up almost an $800,000 deficit by 2001.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Education always runs in the red. The Library costs us millions of doll=
ars every year, should we shut that down too? How much does the&nbsp;UI Scie=
nce Department costs us? Oh, better shut that down. Come to think about it,=20=
UI Costs the taxpayer $100 million every. That is $1 billion since 1994! Boy=
, we better shut the UI down so we can save some money.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The beautiful thing about education is that it pays back huge dividends=
 in the future so that children of today, may have a better tomorrow. Save t=
he UI printing press. It is a vital part of the UI experience. It should be=20=
downsized and reorganized to be more efficient. But it should stay. This bud=
get cut back is only as temporary as the current President. Soon the budget=20=
will be back, and we should have some remains of former programs for the stu=
dents to enjoy and expand their educational experience in the future.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Respectfully,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV>