[Vision2020] Vandal football news

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:19:27 -0800

More Vandal football news from the this morning's Spokesman.  Two of Idaho's
"home" games will be at Martin Stadium next year.  The WSU game will
technically be a home game, even though it's in Pullman.  Also, the game
against (traditional conference rival) Arkansas State will be at Martin
Stadium.  Some bright news: the NCAA has lowered its requirement of 5 1-A
home games to 4, and the 30,000 seat stadium requirement has been
eliminated.  If the UI-WSU game draws 30,000, the Vandals would only need to
average 10,000 for their three other home games.  According to the paper, in
Idaho's continuing creative ways to reach NCAA attendance standards, the
Vandals are exploring the possibility of playing selected games in Seattle,
conceivably against WSU or U-Dub, and count it toward the attendance
requirement.

                                              Carl Westberg Jr.