[Vision2020] Top Ten Reasons for Going to War With Iraq A Different Perspective

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:18:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_08BB_01C3EF20.0089F920

Perhaps, another possible, viable theory to consider about President Bush's
behavior and beliefs concerns his particular present kit of mental tools.

It is clear that he does not have a titanic grasp of language nor is he a
whiz at symbolic reasoning and manipulation.  He often has difficulty
expressing and explaining all but the most elementary concepts even when
well coached.  That does not mean he or those like him are bad or
less-to-be-valued people.  [Symbolic reasoning skills can be learned!]

The ability to analyze, critically examine, and make careful decisions based
on probability tainted by knowingly incomplete or faulty knowledge is not a
trait found often in those with limited linguistic or symbolic reasoning
skills.

When people are nearer the lower end the symbolic reasoning skills
distribution than the higher, they tend to over-simplify their analyses,
grasp at simple solutions to complex problems, and to feel and/or to express
complete confidence in their decisions.

I do not think it is necessary to credit Bush with malevolence.  He is most
likely a decent, sheltered man surrounded by bright advisors with their own
agendas (as is every president) who know how to push his hot buttons.
Unfortunately, the results of these button pushes is an incredible amount of
suffering and misery for years to come for billions of people.

Wayne Fox