[Vision2020] The Sangria Grille

Nance Ceccarelli and Paul McCawley njc at moscow.com
Mon Aug 16 04:19:38 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Sangria Grille Sunday
evening.  The restaurant was quite busy - however, we waited at the bar
for less than 10 minutes for a table for two.

Our server, Juan,  was knowledgeable, friendly, efficient, and checked
in with us "just enough."  As previously stated by others, the menu is
quite varied and extensive.  We started with the recommended crab won
ton - very good and served with an interesting honey mustard sauce that
was not-too-sweet.  We then had salads - the Sangria salad for me, the
Spinach salad for him.  My husband enjoyed the paella; I enjoyed the
"Spinach Basil... Milanesa".

Overall, we were pleasantly pleased with everything.  As crowded as the
restaurant seemed, with close tables, music, and a lot of talking all
around us, it was not a deafening din that intruded upon our
conversation.  ( love the fact, too, that there are NO tv's!)  My only
"complaints" would be the following:  a bit too much salad dressing and
the pasta was overcooked for my taste.

We will go back and look forward to tasting many other scrumptious
sounding dishes - and especially the variety of desserts!  (I did not
finish my entree - and was too full to even consider dessert last
night!)

Best of luck to George and Carly in this new endeavor!  Thanks!

Nance Ceccarelli