[Vision2020] Opinion not normally seen on V2020

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 00:31:47 PDT 2004

Wayne et. al.

I wonder what the heck is happening to people's memories, even John Kerry's?
Hans Blix and Scott Ritter, both critically involved in weapons inspections
in Iraq, did not think we needed to invade Iraq to contain Saddam.  Why did we
not give inspections and more peaceful methods of containment more time?  Why
were we led to believe that invasion was imperative, indeed, in the false
misleading manipulative words of W. Bush, that we faced a "mushroom cloud," a
nuclear strike originating from Iraq in the US, if we did not invade!?

And as Wayne so accurately points out, if saving lives and the humanitarian
aim of deposing a dictator were the goals, why do we not show the same approach
to other areas of the world facing horrific brutality?  Oil resources of
course come first to mind.

However, on the subject of Kerry's support for war in Iraq, we should
consider that he is shamelessly playing politics to steal Bush's image of tough
military patriotism.  I don't like it.  In fact, I have never liked Kerry that much
because he was one of the Democrats who voted to authorize Bush to have
authority to wage war in Iraq.

But politics being what it is, as we all know, Kerry may be playing the phony
political game to the hilt.

Am I willing to accept this game to gain the lesser of two evils?  Beam we
away, to the planet where honesty wins elections, somewhere it must exist...

Ted Moffett