[Vision2020] Third party support

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:01:48 -0700

Tim,

I have to mostly agree with Joan. While I don't think Kerry represents me,
he is the only real alternative to Bush. I want Bush gone. He is destroying
this country militarily, economically, diplomatically, and constitutionally.

He is far worse than his father or Reagan. The only way to remove Bush is to
vote for the Democratic Nominee. That nominee happens to be Kerry.
Therefore, I am voting for Kerry.

Radical movements do not start at the top with the Presidency. They start on
the local level with local officials and offices.

There are plenty of radical candidates out there. However, people are not
comfortable with radical people being the chief executive officer of the
country and in charge of the world's largest military.

They want someone, not like us, as you suggest, but someone smarter than us,
someone well educated and well experienced in handling crisis situations and
managing complex issues.

The chance to vote for candidates that represent more radical views is over.
It was called the primaries. I was for Clark, and then Kucinich. They lost,
so now I must choose between Kerry and Bush. I gladly choose Kerry.

Voting for someone other than Kerry or Bush in this election is choosing to
forfeit your vote and helping the candidate that least fits your views.

Anyone can run in the Republican or Democratic Primaries. It is open to all.
Nobody is being shut out other then most people don't have enough money to
run a nation-wide campaign.  This is how we narrow the election down to two
final contestants.

I suggest you decide to vote for Kerry or Bush. To not do so is to say that
you are unwilling to compromise with 300 million other Americans and you
will only have it exactly your way. Nonetheless, it is your right to vote
for someone you least want in office.

In terms of Idaho going Republican, I would say that this is most likely
true for 2004. But it was not in Idaho's recent past and most likely will
not be true in the near future. The Idaho Republican Party is attacking and
trying to eliminate its’ own moderate members while the residents of Idaho
are moving to the center and left. Not to mention the Republicans are not
doing a bang up job with running the state at the moment in case you didn’t
notice.

As a Political Scientist I can tell you that the only thing stable about
politics is that politics is anything but stable.

Sincerely,

Donovan J Arnold

Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx