[Vision2020] Journalistic integrity

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:23:52 -0800

I wrote:
> Alford has been copied on this. We'll see if he's willing to
> answer your request for the incorrect information to be
> corrected in the Daily News, LMT, and The Idaho Statesman. Or
> would that be losing too much face?

To be clear -- in his Email, Wilson didn't ask for the DN Editor to send a
correction to LMT and The Idaho Statesman.

That was *my* take on what should happen, given Alford's strong stance on
journalistic accuracy. What could be worse than being committed to accuracy
and having an inaccurate article make it on the AP.

My recommendation is that every paper that ran that incorrect story be
issued the four (4) corrections previously requested.

Best,
Dale