[Vision2020] Intolerance

Amy & Richard Newsome amyrichard.newsome@verizon.net
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:13:14 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C3943B.13388B80

I would like to echo the sentiments of the posting below from Amy =
Smoucha and John Dickinson. =20

As a frequent reader of this list for the past two years, I have noticed =
the self-righteous and intolerant tone of the Christ Church/Doug Wilson =
crowd. My family and I will not patronize local businesses owned by =
Christ Church members, or those on this list that post obnoxious =
intolerant messages. I don't want even a portion of my money going to =
support this group.=20

I suggest this is a good way to take a stand without engaging in an =
endless debate.

Richard Newsome

I don't want to debate whether anyone is defending slavery or promoting
violence towards those of us who are gay or lesbian--and I won't debate. =
do believe, however, that many people on this list and in this community
want an inclusive, diverse and respectful community.  We have many
alternatives-both to Wilson's ideology and to endless debate.

Amy Smoucha

I want to commend Amy on her recent posting. Moscow is a caring, =
embracing
community and the tone of Vision 2020 doesn't capture the true heart of =
this
community. Moscow is a warm community and I believe that it is the =
diversity
of our cultures and our ideas that makes Moscow friendly. We all wish to =
be
treated with respect and dignity and we can find that in the real =
streets of
Moscow, even if our virtual streets appear to be less cordial and =
tolerant.

John Dickinson

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C3943B.13388B80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to echo the sentiments of =
the posting=20
below from Amy Smoucha and John Dickinson.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As a frequent reader of this =
list&nbsp;for the past=20
two years, I have noticed the self-righteous and intolerant tone of the =
Christ=20
Church/Doug Wilson crowd. My family and I will =
not&nbsp;patronize&nbsp;local=20
businesses owned by Christ Church members, or those on this list that =
post=20
obnoxious intolerant messages. I don't want even a portion of my money =
going to=20
support&nbsp;this group. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I suggest this is a good way to take a =
stand=20
without engaging in an endless debate.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Richard Newsome</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't want to debate whether anyone is defending slavery or=20
promoting<BR>violence towards those of us who are gay or lesbian--and I =
won't=20
debate.&nbsp; I<BR>do believe, however, that many people on this list =
and in=20
this community<BR>want an inclusive, diverse and respectful =
community.&nbsp; We=20
have many<BR>alternatives-both to Wilson's ideology and to endless=20
debate.<BR><BR>Amy Smoucha<BR><BR><BR>I want to commend Amy on her =
recent=20
posting. Moscow is a caring, embracing<BR>community and the tone of =
Vision 2020=20
doesn't capture the true heart of this<BR>community. Moscow is a warm =
community=20
and I believe that it is the diversity<BR>of our cultures and our ideas =
that=20
makes Moscow friendly. We all wish to be<BR>treated with respect and =
dignity and=20
we can find that in the real streets of<BR>Moscow, even if our virtual =
streets=20
appear to be less cordial and tolerant.<BR><BR>John=20
Dickinson<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C3943B.13388B80--