[Vision2020] Update from the Bunker

Ivan Brewski seabiscuit@comic.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:15:01 -0500

Visionaries:

Baghdad is surrounded.
He is under "attack."
You are his "adversaries. . ."
You are in a "panic" and "breaking a sweat."

And one last thought:
Slaves have "legs."

Subject: Attacks in the press

Kirkers,

Just a few quick thoughts in the wake of Nick Gier's column Wednesday night in the Daily News. As time goes on, and as the influence of believers in our town increases, we should not be surprised when the opposition starts to exhibit signs of panic -- just like this. Our response should be calm; the fact that our adversaries are starting to break a sweat is no reason for us to do so.

The principle should be that if charges are brought that could only be believed by someone who *already* believes them, then there is no need for a response at all. It is of course appropriate to answer questions or charges as it is necessary, and it is necessary if the charge, slander, whatever, shows signs of having legs.

And by way, on the whole issue of Servetus and Calvin, let us just say that Prof. Gier is not in the history department.

Cordially in Christ,

Douglas Wilson

Chris LaMoreaux, Administrative Secretary
Christ Church - Anselm House
205 East 5th Street  P.O. Box 8741
Moscow, ID 83843
christkirk@moscow.com
Voice: (208) 882-2034  Fax: (208) 892-8724
Credenda/Agenda: (208) 882-7963
www.christkirk.com
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup