[Vision2020] Devisiveness Must Stop

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:54:02 -0800

> Dale Courtney wrote:
>
> I would like to address just one issue: ... the use of the term "government schools."

I realize that some people outside of Moscow and off Vision
2020 also have referred to public schools as "government
schools." But it's not common usage, and people on Vision
2020 who use "government schools" aren't doing it to
communicate, they're doing it to zing the public schools and
the people who support them.

If public schools are to be called "government schools,"
maybe Moscow's private schools should be called
"anti-government schools." (Especially when people connected
with some of them campaigned against the last public school
levy.)

Don Coombs