[Vision2020] "Chevron" and "Shell" Military Bases in Iraq

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:55:18 -0800

<DIV></DIV>
<P>I was listening to NPR earlier today from a reporter at a military base in Iraq.&nbsp;&nbsp;He said that there were 2 new bases in Iraq, one called "Chevron," the other "Shell."&nbsp; He said no one has taken responsibility for choosing the names.</P>
<P>Has anyone else heard about this?</P>
<P>Since this war (officially) is not about the US controlling&nbsp;the Iraqi oil fields, the naming of these bases after US oil companies&nbsp;seems a bit odd.&nbsp; In fact, it seems like it's going to piss off a lot of people in the Middle East who do view the US invasion as imperialistic.</P>
<P>I wonder when Texaco and Exxon are going to get recognition.&nbsp; Since the British are involved, shouldn't there be a British Petroleum military base as well?</P>
<P>Garrett Clevenger </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>http://www.icehouse.net/garrett
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>"What are we doing to our Home?!:("