[Vision2020] Eleven Reasons to Give Actors a Break

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:55:34 -0800

At 09:47 PM 3/20/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Bob and Visionaries,
>
>While not disputing anyone's freedom to say what they want, I am curious
>what the term black-listing really means.  This letter used it last, but I
>don't think its the first time it's been used here.  My questions
>are:  Who, when, and by whom?  I want names....

Admittedly, I used the word "blacklist" rather indiscriminately.  Perhaps
the word "boycott" would have been more precise.

If you want names for any blacklisting, I refer you to the Woody Allen
movie, "The Front."  When Woody's actor friend told him that he'd been
blacklisted, Woody responded, "So sue them!"  The friend replied, "There's
a problem with that.  No one actually admits that the list exists."

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642