[Vision2020] Backgammon

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:14:28 -0800

In light of the discussion about boxing, lacrosse, rugby, et al, it reminds
me that I have been contemplating for quite some time now (since about 11:45
this morning) starting an extreme backgammon league in Moscow.  Matches
could perhaps be held in the 1912 building, and would be open to people of
all religious and political persuasions.  I have not had a chance to delve
into the statistics regarding the number of injuries or severity of injuries
suffered during your average extreme backgammon season, but I'm confident
they can be no worse than those sustained in boxing, lacrosse, and rugby,
combined.  If anyone has any hard data on this, please feel free to share
it.  But, perhaps our town is not yet ready for such a sport.

                                                Carl Westberg Jr.