[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:28:54 -0700

<P>Luke,</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You wrote, "The position you are taking is known as relativism; everyone's right, no one is really wrong." </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>This is not the position I am taking. I saying everyone is wrong, nobody is right. So who is to judge? That is different then saying everyone is right. They are all only correct in their attempts to worship God.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"how can you avoid the conflictions between belief and belief when people live out what they believe?"</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I know of no person that&nbsp;is able to follow through fully on what they believe. If they could, they wouldn't be human. &nbsp;The conflict happens when people are unwilling to accept that the other person may be correct at least some of the time and they are wrong some of the time.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"You essentially stated that it was wrong to claim absolute certainty of your religion"</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Closed mindedness is a bad thing and a true&nbsp;follower would keep&nbsp;their mind, heart, and soul open to the fact that they could be doing some things wrong and leave doors open to help them make those corrections. If you knew other religions you would know that&nbsp; most&nbsp;concepts about religion are the same. Believe in God. Worship God. Follow God's rules. It is only the perception of God that is different. Who has a mind great enough to fully comprehend all aspects of God?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"However, you claim absolute certainty that I am wrong. You're not considering the possibility that I may be right. I think there's a contradiction here."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Lets think&nbsp;about this for a minute. Assuming that there was a single human on earth that understood fully all religions, and truly understood God and everything he did and all of&nbsp;his plans that would be phenomenal to began with. But let us pretend this one person exists. There are 6 billion people on Earth. So the chances of it being you would be 1 in&nbsp;6 billion or .00000000016 %. &nbsp;Now considering over a life time I am able to talk to 10,000 people that means that I would talk to .0000016 % of the human population. Times those together that this is the probability that I would ever be talking to that person. So yes,&nbsp;I have a .000000000000000256% chance of actually talking to that person and it being you. So I haven't ruled this out but I would not bet on those odds. This of course is assuming that this person really does exist, if&nbsp;they don't then the odds would be 0. So the odds of me talking to a person that knows everything God wants us to k!
 now about him is between .0000000000000000256 and 0. Not good odds. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Now lets consider that you know as much information as you can. The average current age of a person is about 35 worldwide. The average brain can only hold about 210 years worth of memory information (forget about recalling information at this point) gathered&nbsp;by a human through all of their senses, touch, sight, smell, hearing, and taste. That would be about 6 peoples worth of knowledge. Considering that there are 6 billion people on earth, at most&nbsp; your brain could hold only .000000001 % of the total human knowledge. I would hedge my bets on the 99.99999999% rather then on the .000000001% that you would contain even if you knew as much as you possibly could.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I suggest that considering that you know very little, as do I,&nbsp; in comparison to what the rest of the world knows that you listen more then you talk, or at least consider that others know as much or more then you and try to learn from it rather then assuming you know more then any 1 billion people do in any religion, in yours or not.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;To: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>, thansen@moscow.com </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: "vision2020" <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:52:04 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Mr. Arnold:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; you can believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I want to. The problem with this is that it avoids all the real questions in life; what is right, and what is wrong? If every religion is acceptable, then how can you avoid the conflictions between belief and belief when people live out what they believe? We're not all saying the same thing; everyone is singing to a different tune, and it sounds rather dissonant.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; You essentially stated that it was wrong to claim absolute certainty of your religion. However, you claim absolute certainty that I am wrong. You're not considering the possibility that I may be right. I think there's a contradiction here.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>