[Vision2020] Cost of Government Day!

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:42:09 -0700

Dale Courtney stated:

"The cost of government change from 2000-2003: 9.7% increase

Federal Spending: 12.4% increase
State/Local Spending: 6.6% increase
Federal Regulations: 8.4% increase
State Regulations: 8.5% increase

Bottom Line: The average American has worked a cumulative 35 more days to
pay for the cost of government since 2000."

Can we rely on your support, Mr. Courtney, to campaign/vote against
President Bush and Governor Kempthorne?

I know I will.

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

PS -

Friday:  President Bush stated that he was unaware of the unsubstantiated
status of the comment he made in the State of the Union Address concerning
Iraq attempting to buy weapons grade uranium from an African country.

Saturday:  President Bush stated that the CIA did not inform him that the
comment was unsubstantiated.  The CIA (Director Tenet) stated that he/they
had informed President Bush back in October that the attempted purchase of
weapons grade uranium had not been verified.  Director Tenet contemplates
resignation.

Sunday:  President Bush supports CIA and their claim that the attempted sale
was unsubstantiated.

Monday (this morning):  The Spokesman Review reports that the Bush
Administration is standing behind the State of the Union Address that there
was an attempted sale of weapons grade uranium to Iraq.

Tomorrow:  Who knows what we will hear from the White House?