[Vision2020] The Rose Bowl...

blackwidow@turbonet.com blackwidow@turbonet.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:35:23 +0000

On 2 Jan 03, at 10:38, Bill London wrote:

> What I found most interesting about the Rose Bowl was the information in
> the Lewiston Tribune that the bowl had very low attendance, and that
> thousands of WSU tickets remained unsold.
> Why--if 5 years ago the WSU tickets all sold and many at inflated
> prices--did WSU not sell out this time?
> BL

Check out the Priority Point System for buying tickets:
http://wsucougars.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/bowl-bound-
priority-points.html

It is heavily based on how much money was donated to the
program.  Many of the high donators had no intention of going to
the game, and others were trusts where people are quite aged or
dead.  The tickets were released after many had already purchased
tickets off the OK web site or made other plans for New Years.

Joan Campbell (I am sorry if this is a repeat post, I didn't see my
earlier post come through)