[Vision2020] "Proposal would let schools ban books"

Pam Palmer ppalmer@moscow.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:05:07 -0800

Tim-

I think that most public school librarians would NOT agree with you.

A publicly-funded school does not "endorse" a book by the simple fact that
it sits on a library shelf. Most librarians are interested in providing
complete information, and would not agree with censorship.

Parents should definitely be involved with their own children's education.
That does not mean that they should be able to limit the choices available
for other people's children.

Pam Palmer