[Vision2020] Disturbing trends

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

Carl,
  YES!
   Starter keeps game close till late in the 6th or
7th--then feed'em to the snarling bullpen.
   Combine that with a little timely
hitting--including Jeff Cirillo--and a running game
and we've got Mariners small-ball the way it's
supposed to be!

   As for the Baseball Hall of Fame "thing." I wasn't
passing judgement on the specifics of that situation.
I was more responding to Mr. Danahy's post. I was
making the point that while anyone has the right to
free speech--celebrities are especially easily heard.
Others have a right to react to it in the way they see
fit.
   The Baseball Hall of Fame is not a governmental
entity. So those in charge can run it as they see fit
as far as the inclusion of political ideologues at
their events.
   Again, no governmental involvement--no censorship.
   Those who oppose the action can organize a boycott
of the Hall or severely criticize its decision to
exclude the two Hollywood lovedoves.
   TL