[Vision2020] Dealing with Doug Spammer

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:27:57 -0700

I've been thinking about this all weekend (well, not really, actually just
this morning), and I have an idea as to how we can stop the in-spam-ity.  I
am a member of a few bb's on the web and they have made the decision to not
accept "freebie" email addresses (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) so people would not
be able to spam as easily, and if they did, they were more easily banned.
This has seemed to cut down on the problem, and made people take more
responsibility for their actions.

Don't know if this will work on V2020, but it's just a thought.  I would
hate to lose some of our other more colorful members with said "freebie"
accounts, though.  Maybe they could be "grandfathered" (grandmothered, for a
few?) in?

Just sittin' here thinkin',

DC