[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:23:55 -0700

Dear visionaries,

Duncan asks why someone who supports private education would run for a seat
on the government school board. The answer is that you won't let us opt out
of paying for your system. We have the option of not sending our kids. We
don't have the option of not sending our money.

This is not a trick question. Suppose you have a family with six kids, all
privately educated. That same family pays thousands toward the government
schools via their property taxes. Do they have a right to run for the
school board without the school their kids attend (or which they attended)
being an issue?

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson