[Vision2020] New "Feature" in Google(privacy alert)

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:10:54 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure you're right.
It's just that Google is so widely used and this is a
lot simpler than any of the other methods you
mentioned.
Also, if I understand what you wrote below, you're
incorrect. Even if your address is NOT listed by the
company in the book, the GOOGLE search will allow
anyone to find it anyway with just the phone number.
It gives you the address which is served by the phone
number regardless of your wishes about having it
published in the book.
For example, many women who have a first initial and
no address in the book as a security/privacy safeguard
can have their address given out and not only that, a
map on how to find their house/apt. with just about
three clicks.
It's true that you can find anything about anybody
with a little effort and knowledge. It's just that
with the GOOGLE search thingy it requires almost no
knowledge or effort.
So, I thought some folks might want to opt out of the
Google database. It's not a big deal really, just a
thought.
TL